Friday, October 4, 2013

Tayabas, Quezon_Ride and Run

   Few months before I have registered to Quezon Marathon that was held in Tayabas last Sept 22. I was registered to run 10Km distance.

   Since gunstart will be as early as 4:30am, I planned to ride my motorbike a day before the run (Sept 21). Took the East road via Antipolo, Mabitac, Famy, Lucban then Tayabas.
Upon reaching Lucban, you can see this scenic view of Mt. Banahaw



Past 6PM when I reached Tayabas and looked for a place to stay. I noticed that hotels and Inn in Tayabas are not cheap, maybe because they are now a city? :-) ....
And this is the cheapest place I found for  P1000 for 24hours, the "Casitas Inn". But since I am leaving by lunch time the next day, I was able to haggle it down to P700.




After minutes of rest, I look for "carinderia" or food stalls for my light dinner, then took a visit to the one of the oldest church in the Philippines,  the "Minor Basilica of St. Michael d'Archangel" that was said built around 1585.





And this is the reason why I visited Tayabas. To join this "Quezon Marathon". With this, I hit two hobbies on a single expense. I was able to  ride going to Tayabas and join the fun run. On my personal timing, I  run the 10km distance for 60mins and 47secs, unfortunately, official time from the organizer have not released yet as of this writing.



Another reason to visit Tayabas is the Malagonlong bridge, a historical bridge located in Dumaca river. This is said to be once of the longest bridge ever made during the Spanish Colonial era that was built around 1840 and still standing up to this time.


As agreed with the land lady of Casitas Inn, I checked out around 11:30am of Sept 22. Had a joy ride  taking the Tayabas to Mauban to Sampaloc to Lucban loop before going back to Manila via Antipolo route again.
A quick but very relaxing week-end to release stress from the daily routine.
Until next time and thank you for viewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Comments Here: